Thank you for visiting my homepage. Feel free to Add to my guestbook (subject to the TOS)!
Because of the spammers, expecially the Chinese ones, the comments seem to be broken. Send me an e-mail and I'll manually add you to the guestbook.
Sorry that the spammers felt free to break and ruin everything on their own.
email@example.com -- E-mail for Stephen R. Marsh. http://ethesis.blogspot.com/ for my blog (with comments enabled).
Hi Winifred, I remember you from Parkmead Jr High, back in 1975. I was in 8th grade, you were in 7th grade. At a School Dance we danced once. I still remember it. May God bless and comfort you in your losses. I'll be praying for you. For the past 3 years I have been serving with Stonecroft Ministries. www.stonecroft.org Take care. David
I am sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to your familey. I lost my son Earl P. Roberts 111 to suicide on February 26,2004 no agony or pain can ever compare to loseing your child. My son was only 30yrs old. He suffered a 14yr battle with crack addiction, he started when he was just a kid really, he also suffered from Bipolar disorder.Things got horrible for my son, it robbed him of everything, love, emotions, compassion, ability to hold a job, trust, everything, but most of all it robbed him of himself. He couldnt go on much longer like the way things were for him. He made the decision to let go of his last piece of rope to hang onto. Like he said, Im moving on now, dont let my choice hurt you. He said he was tired of suffering, he was taking away all his pain. Now, how do i go on from here? Its like a double edge sword, i knew he was miserable and bounded by the addiction, but i always hoped it could different for him. I didnt want to let go. I would trade all my tomarrows for one more day with him. I feel God had mercy on him and lifted him up. God Bless all the parents who lost a child. hugs to you all
Note that spammers destroyed a year's worth of entries. May they receive what they deserve.
The following is all that survived the spam storm.
Name: Virginia D'Orazio
Location: Longmont, CO USA
Date: Friday, July 23, 2004 at 00:14:39
I never realized that there existed such an abundance of grief related websites. I was browsing some this evening and found yours. I was attracted to it because you have lost three children. I am consided by many to be in an unusual situation because of the deaths of two of my children. A daughter, Juliana, died right after birth in July, 1980. On October 4, 1998, my brilliant 20 year old son Jim, then a senior at the University of Colorado, was killed by a drunk driver. Jim's friend Ben was also killed. Eighteen months prior to that Jim's best friend and roommate Scott died of spinal meningitis. 10 months after Jim's death, my husband of 28 years abandoned me and our younger son Jon. I can't quite describe this life journey of the past six years. Thanks to family, friends, organizations such as MADD, love and understanding, my son Jon and I have managed to once again find some semblance of sanity. And then I stumble upon your website and your experiences. What is that series of lines: "Whenever I complain that I have no shoes, I meet someone who has no feet, etc." My heart and love goes out to you who have lost so much. And my admiration also for making such good out of such a tragic situation.
- Name: Nancy
- Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2004 at 11:08:11
- I had written in your guest book, thinking this was a site for felling lonely, sad, but as I read on , I realized that it is a Memorial Site, my heart goes out to you all, as I loss my mom when I was 17, and I think today 20 plus yeas later, I am still having a hard time dealing with her passing, and I do believe that this has something to do with the pain I am feeling from this empty nest, trying to cope with our daughter living a long way from home for the first time ever, so maybe if I can finally get through the emotional path of losing my mom, I can begin to let go of my daughter and start a new beginning with my husband.....Starting Over.....Nancy M.
- Name: Nancy
- Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
- Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2004 at 21:10:40
- I came across your Guest Book, as I was searching for information on how to deal with my Empty Nest Feelings. My husband and I have a Daughter who is now 20, and is our one and only child. We moved a year ago from Alberta Canada and our daughter was in University there at the time, well she still is, she did not move with us, as she wanted to finish out her last 2 years in Edmonton. We are very proud of her, but as her mom I am hurting so bad , because we have never been apart before until a year ago. My husband is dealing with it in his own way, but me I can't control my feelings, I cry all the time, I can't seem to enjoy life anymore, so I Just started going to Psychotherapy, I am hopeing this will help. I miss my daughter so much it hurts, she is comming to visit sometime this month for the rest of the summer, so I am trying not to dwell on her leaving and returning to University, but will try and focus on her being here with us and making sure we treat each day as if it were our last. I know my pain seems trivial to the pain in which some of you are trying to deal with at the moment. My heart goes out to each and every one of you, but if I may ask, if there is someone out there who is dealing with the same empty nest feelings I have, and have some advice to pass along, I would be most greatful to hear from you, thankyou in advance Nancy M.
- Name: joyce trujillo
- Location: fort collins, CO USA
- Date: Sunday, June 20, 2004 at 23:16:56
- Thank you for being here today. It is our 2 nd Dad's Day without our 18 1/2 yr old son Tyler (sept 4, 1984- Feb 16, 2003). He was a passenger killed in a single car accident. I just returned from visiting site where he died and didn't think I could stand the pain. It has been a year since I have been there. We have two beautiful daughters that also miss their brother.I needed to read the words you wrote. It has been 17 mos. of understanding and learning forgiveness. Hugs Joyce
- Name: amanda beck
- Location: huntington beach, ca usa
- Date: Friday, June 4, 2004 at 20:11:32
- i loss my baby on april 27, 2004 she was 3 years old .. i just want her back ..i know i cant but how do i get way i need to be i can go anywhere..i just cry.. if anyone know something just email thank you amanda
- Location: NY, NYDate: Friday, April 9, 2004 at 23:04:45
- Wow. I'm impressed by how you are dealing with your loss and grief. I know I can't imaine what it must be like, but I was born with a twin named Jessica who died 7 months later. I don't think my parents dealt with their grief. We had a few pictures of her taken in the hospital she never left, they put the pictures in one of the family photo albums. And my mother kept a little ceramic elf that came in a pot of flowers someone gave her as a consolation gift. But they didn't talk about her. We never considered ourselves a family of five children, only 4. I think they responded to the loss by trying to forget her and erase what happened. I don't think they ever recovered and my parents marriage dissolved painfully through the years. My mother was always angry at the kids and my father. There was no peace in our home, ever. My father disappeared into his work, the office and over-seas research. He basically became an absentee family member. It has also seriously affected my personality to have been the surviving infant. I was raised by grieving parents. My existence probably hurt them as a reminder of their loss. I never bonded to them because of their emotional absence during my early years so I grew up feeling unloved and unloving. I'm still working on those issues. I now know that was one the hardest things my mother ever went through and she went through it alone as my father abandoned her in his own grief. I am so comforted to see someone doing something productive with their grief and for providing help for others. I wish someone had done this long ago for my parents.
- Name: Sarah
- Location: Monroe, MI USA
- Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 17:28:54
- When i was 11 in 2001, my house caught on fire. In the house was My mom my 2 brothers David and Joey. My cousin Joe was also staying the night with David. August 3rd 2001, I woke up to the sounds of smoke dectors and My mom yelling for me and David to get out of the house. My brother Joey was menttally retarded and he would not have known to get out of the house and my mom was going into his room to get him. When i saw me mom go into his room there was smoke everywhere and then it started to poor in my room because i had opened my door. I started screaming and crying. My dog was in my room with me. And I knew that were i was i couldnt get out through the front door or the back door. So i went out my Window and my dog followed. I ran to the mailbox and waited because i already heard the fire trucks and my neighbor came out and she was hugging me then my friends mom came. And it was after 5 minutes at least. And i went into my friends house and took a shower. I came out and there were alot of people. When my friends mom got a hold of my dad at work he came home quickly. I had to go to the hospital for smoke inhalation. And in the waiting room was my moms pastor my aunt emily and aunt betty and my dad and i a guy trying to get the diagram of the house and a Red Cross person. And nurses from 3-South of the hospital who knew my mom well because she was in and out of the hospital all the time. They let me call my friends teri and Amanda and they came to see me. We kind of goofed around a little bit. And A lady from the red cross told me that My mom and my brothers died. My cousin was rescued but died the next day from smoke inhalation. I stayed with my aunt until about February 20th. Thats when she went into the hospital because she had Pnemonia and she died feb 28. So if you could Please remember the following people: Teri Daniels >my mommy brothermy brothermy cousinmy great-aunt
- Name: Mina Komonibo
- Location: Missouri City, Texas United States
- Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 at 12:01:24
- I came online looking for consolation and found your site. I had lost my 15 years old son, Tonbara, on Dec 10, 2002. After reading about your daughters, I am practically in tears. I am so sorry that your family had to go through thrice what I am going through. I can't even begin to comprehend how that must feel. I had begun to mend but this morning, I am so overwhelmed that I couldn't seem to garner up any strength to move on. Well, not until I read your essay. I set up a web site for my son http://www.tonbaraslegacy.org. I'll pray for your family. I am also a christian. Tonbara, a strong christian, must have met you beautiful daughters! What fun they all must be having with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Name:Susan Mello Souza
- Location: Acushnet, MA USA
- Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 at 01:42:30
- I have lost 2 of my 4 precious daughters. My first-born daughter was taken from me, when I was 17 and give up for adoption (I found her 5 years ago when she was 30). My second-born daughter was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 16 years old and died 5 months later. Although it has been many years since the loss of Jackie to leukemia, I still find myself grieving everyday. Like now, it's 2:42 a.m. and I still can't sleep. Does anyone else suffer insomnia like this? I think if only I could sleep, I might be able to deal with what life has handed me a little bit better. Hugs, Susan
- Name: Janet
- Location: Wichita Falls, TXDate: Saturday, February 28, 2004 at 05:05:36
- Nothing happens by accident! I've been unable to sleep, so have been online, looking for solace in the situation my young son is facing. On the search engine, I typed in, "wichita falls texas attorney school"...and your site came up! Having had major issues between me, my son, and an unnamed school, I am considering taking legal action on my son's behalf. Oh, how I wish you were still in WF to consult for advice! But, oh, how much more touched I have been during this past hour or so of reading your beautiful entries! My heart goes out to you and your family, with all the losses you have experienced! God bless all of you!
- Name: susan brawley
- Location: birmingham, al usa
- Date: Friday, February 27, 2004 at 15:35:14
- I lost my son Aaron 8 months ago and have been searching the internet lately in hopes of what I am not sure. His birthday was February 12, as was your daughter's. But he was born in 1980 and died at the age of 23 from a drug overdose. I am unable to find comfort and peace and the tears run constantly. I found myself at this sit and felt the need to contribute. Much love. Susan
- Name: Jessica Christine M.
- NE USA
- Date: Monday, February 16, 2004 at 15:13:34
- I was just browsing through search.com, and typed in my first and middle name...finding your daughters name. It is the exact same as mine, with exception of my last name. My last name is one letter shorter. My birthday is February 19, 1986...and I guess, I just wanted to let you know, that I have found a weird coincidence in all this.
- Name: Rochelle
- Location: Gt. Falls, MT USA
- Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 02:48:31
- I Have lost a daughter almost a year ago. Her name is Hannah and she was 25 days old. I don't understand when the healing is spose to start. I still have trouble getting out of bed in the mornings. I feel like I am going to be stuck in this painful empty place forever. Sometimes I hope I am. I know something like your pain... although its all very different...I only wish I could learn to live around the void instead of in the void.... Although it is very hard to carry on... its even harder to stand still... Good Luck to all who read this...My Prayers are with each and every one who has ever felt the loss of a child.
- Name: Tammy Brock
- Location: North Richland Hills, Tx USA
- Date: Friday, February 6, 2004 at 12:47:25
- I used to go to Jefferson, I was in the same grade she was in when she was in school. My homeroom teacher in first grade was Ms. Sarcione, in second it was Ms.Arnold, in third grade it was Ms. Parker, I just joined the church a couple months ago. i went to camp fire. I was in Wichita Falls. My favorite place to go was the Kemp Public Library. I used to live in The Briargrove neighborhood and then I lived in a neighborhood off of Universaty on a street called Prince Edward.
- Name:Steve (this is my guestbook)
- Date: Thursday, January 22, 2004 at 19:56:21
- Hmm, the software has changed up. Must have been an upgrade from my posting service. As far as I can tell, it also swallowed a post. Name: Anglia Date: Sunday, January 4, 2004 at 09:16:30 Comments: I made a serious point about emotional support for girls who have lost parents. why did it get deleted?
- Sorry about that, if you post again the software should be stable again. I don't know what else to say.
Date: Friday, January 9, 2004 at 19:47:32
I have a daughter, Jessica, born February 12, 1984. I will pass this on to her. She is a 2nd year nursing student interested in pediatrics. Sorry for the loss of your daughter.
- Name: Anglia
- Date: Sunday, January 4, 2004 at 09:16:30
- I made a serious point about emotional support for girls who have lost parents. why did it get deleted?
- Name: Janet Roach
- MI USA
- Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 at 09:05:34
- My three year old son died December 20, 2003 after a long battle with leukemia. In trying to find peace and hope , I stumbled upon your website. Thank you for sharing the most difficult times of your life and the recovery process you and your family are going through. You have given me the hope I was searching for. Sincerely, Janet
- Name: Christine Marsh
- Kansas USA
- Date: Monday, December 29, 2003 at 01:22:51
- I was just looking up my name on the internet and i came upon this. It really took me by surprise because of her name, and because Jessica was born the same year as me. This page really touched my heart and I will never forget her story. I am truly sorry for your loss, and my prayers will be with you.
- Date: Sunday, December 14, 2003 at 10:39:33
- My son was killed in a motorcycle accident Oct 12, 2003. He was 19. It is hard to imagine the rest of my life without him and living with this pain. You give me hope that things will be better someday.
- Name: Joy Lippo
- Location: Round Lake, IL USA
- Date: Monday, October 20, 2003 at 12:30:58
- I have been blessed to have four beautiful children, Katherina (14), Kyle (12), Jason & Justin (11), on September 28, 2003 Heavenly Father called home my beautiful Kyle (12). He was playing football and sustained a head injury on September 27, 2003 which took his life early the next morning. I cannot begin to tell you the shock and heartache I have felt since then. I do know that he is serving a mission with our Heavenly Father, and I also know that I can be with him again, but my heart aches for him each passing day. I have been so blessed to have the gospel, friends and family during this time and I appreciate reading stories about others who are feeling my grief. I want you all to know that I know that with God's help we will all have our burdens liftened and be able to get through our time of sorrow with grace and dignity. With Love, Joy
- Name:Peg Bailey
- Location: Saugus, MA USA
- Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 08:23:09
- To Steve and Win, Thank you for sharing your beloved family. I am so sorry for your losses. I found your website via a fantastic website www.our-sma-angels.com The owner of Our SMA Angels site has been a Godsend for me. In 1999, the most precious beautiful little girl I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and loving passed away from complications of a genetic neuromuscular disease called Spinal Muscular Atophy (SMA). SMA is the number one genetic killer of children under the age of 2. I was her nurse, her second mom and her best bud for over 2 years. For a short time, God lent me an angel to shower my love on. For the first time, I felt true unconditional love. Taylor was incredibe. If you would like to see her website, log onto www.our-sma-angels.com/Taylor My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Thank you for having this site. Hugs Peg Bailey
- Name: Kathylynn St. Pierre
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Date: Monday, September 15, 2003 at 13:17:36
- Mr. Marsh, thank your for your website. I ran accross it today while trying to find some way to function here at work, my first day back after losing my mother just a week ago. In the last six years, my mother had endured the loss of my brother to cancer and my sister to a car accident. The grief was immense. She was never the same, especially after the death of my sister -- it was too much to bear to have lost two of her three children. Mom was diagnosed with cancer just 5 weeks ago. I believe she succumbed to the cancer because she just couldn't endure any more pain. Your thoughts about others not being able to deal with the situation hit home. I felt very alone during the past days. So many people just looked at me with pity, saying "you're family has endured so much". But it wasn't a condolence, it was more of a threat to THEM that it might happen in their family, too. My work didn't even send a me a card this time. So many people said "Let me know if there is anything I can do", but nobody actually did anything, other than a neighbor who was wonderful. She didn't ask me what she could do, she just did whatever she could. She took my kids for a while, hemmed my son's pants for the calling hours, made dinner, and polished all of our shoes. Thank you for your reflections. I feel so connected and not so alone, now. God bless you.
- Name:Rosemary Gwaltney
- Location: Careywood, ID USA
- Date: Saturday, August 23, 2003 at 19:49:44
- Your story tore my heart in two. You see, my own precious daughter died of Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome at just turned eight years old. Her final cause was kidney failure. Feel free to write me any time. Warmly, Rosemary
- Name: J-9
- Location: East Coast , MD USA
- Date: Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 20:55:14
- I also lost my child , my little girl who i only known 4 months after she was born who had passed away from S.I.D.S. in 2000 now year 2003 I have alot of mental problems. Such leaving my family to go to Turkey and having sudden affairs although i was married and having left my 2 year old with his dad . I cant explain anything. I am depressed all the time , I never feel happy I want to start new and live in an Arabic country and then started being interested in ISLAM. What is wrong with me? What kind of mother can just let her 2 year old son with my husband after losing my daughter. I now am living with my husband and being a mom to my son again but still feel empty depressed ect......I still have feelings to start a new life else where why?????
- Name: Brenda in Utah
- Location: Salt Lake, UT USA
- Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 22:04:34
- Win, Thank you for your BYU 1997 inspirational talk. I am an infertile woman and a thankful mother of 2 little girls (adopted). I am still working through my infertility grief and some pain that has come with adoption. Your talk helped me realize that someday my heart will have peace and that I can overcome the pain. I cannot express how deeply your words touched my heart and helped me. I hope to someday hear you speak in person. Thank you for sharing your experiences! Sincerely, Brenda in Utah
- Name: Visitor
- Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 17:34:09
- Thank you.
- Date: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 22:29:23
- I've asked the European group spamming this site to please quit. I'm sure they think that their version of world peace justifies breaking any number of legal obligations and social covenants, but it really does not, they and mugu.com seem compelled to spam me often. I don't understand why, though if anyone understands the people at mugu.com or their continued spamming, I would appreciate it. My apologies for delays in deleting the spam.
- Remember, read the TOS and do not spam this guestbook.
- Location: Dundee, Scotland
- Date: Thursday, May 22, 2003 at 06:07:09
- We lost our son Jordan when he was 3yrs old, I wish to thank you for sharing you site and the tremendous support you offer parents going through the same thing xx love and light to you.
- Location: Corpus Christi, TX USA
- Date: Friday, May 2, 2003 at 12:09:12
- Our beautiful baby girl became an Angel 3 weeks ago. She was born with an imperorate anus which lead the Doctors to look for possible heart problems, which they found: Truncus Arteriousus, Interruped Aortic Arch, VSD, and then finally dx with Di George Syndrome. She recovered from the first heart surgery, but it was not enough. After her second open heart she was placed on ECMO. After a week on ECMO the doctors and us made the decision to take her off life support. She had developed seizures which caused sever bleeding on her tiny brain. She died within minutes. It was comforting to know, after reading the article, that our reactions are somewhat normal and that someday we will be able to cope better with our loss.
Location: Louisville, Ky USA
Date: Monday, April 28, 2003 at 12:11:53
You have a wonderful memorial site! I am so sorry for your loss; God bless you. Please join us at Simply Enchanting Angels. An angelic group!
- Location: Warren , NJ Date: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 06:45:32
- Thank you so much for your site. I lost my son a year ago, and have had some help but have so many questions, and finally I found your site, and the problems you have faced, esp in coping with other people and their need to help... and then their reactions when you need them.. I am so grateful to find your writings, and learn that I am ok, and what I am going thru is normal,, as normal as our lives can be anymore. . You have given me a wealth of information here, and it is greatly needed..